Friday, August 19, 2016

Wear Your Heart On Your Sleeve

Brazilian dimensional embroidery: These are cuffs for your wrist with dimensional stitches and/or bead enhancements. The instructions are ready now - a pdf file offered on my website, www.Millefiori-BE.com.  Just look for Millefiori Design #954; as soon as payment is received, I'll fly (via email) the instructions to you. There are 21 pages and lots of photos and diagrams.  Here's a picture:
Here are some close-up photos of the designs. Colors I used are listed for both versions. The first is named "Sophisticates".

The center design shown is "Celebrations" and has been designed as a holiday cuff with beads added for sparkle. I'd like to thank my friend and fellow B.E. designer, Marsha Johnson/Harvey, for giving permission to use her large central flower for this design:
The third design included in the package is named "Essentials" and here I framed it into a small frame for a narrow wall.
To finish these small designs in odd-sized frames, I mounted the embroidery on 1/4" foam core board, edged the piece with 1/4" trim (attached with size 11/o seed beads pinned into the sides) and glued it to matte board. Here's a detail photo:
 
The instructions include traceable patterns for each, so the stitcher could also transfer the project to ultra suede, denim or other fabric, any wearable item, or even edge a collar or lapel, or decorate a crazy quilt or tote bag.
 
The pdf will be sent via email as soon as your PayPal payment comes through, and I'm only an email away if you have questions.
Rosalie


 

2 comments: