Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Design Lines and Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery Prints

Well, it's been a while since I wrote.  Sorry.  I discovered Facebook and a lot of my flower photos followed me over there.  I'll add more here soon - I have lots of things to share -  but I wanted to let you know something I just discovered.

Some of our Brazilian dimensional embroidery designs are on black fabric, printed with white ink.  A while back I had some designs like this and the white lines refused to wash out (it was probably the ink they used...). 
 
A friend of mine stitched one of my earliest designs "My Stamp Collection" and discovered that the white lines wouldn't come out. We did some troubleshooting and found that (on the black fabric), you can cover those white lines with a Black Sharpie Pen.  I used a fine point Sharpie and covered the lines quite nicely. 
 
Just thought you might be able to use this information somewhere down the road. Here's a close-up of one of the flowers
I'll be back soon - just trying to catch up with myself. The other day I went out the door and met myself coming in. 
Rosalie

2 comments:

  1. Rosalie, please re-issue this design!! I love it! It is really beautiful. Looks like it would be very enjoyable to stitch, and the individual flowers could be used in all kinds of ways. Virginia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Virginia. I've had several requests. By the way, I also stitched it in ribbon embroidery. If I do decide to do it, I'll let everyone know here.

    ReplyDelete